- Folk Magic is a common skill for all careers. During character creation, players may add points to the Folk Magic skill during the Career and Age phases.
- The starting number of Folk Magic spells known for all characters is 1 per 15% or part thereof (round up) of their Folk Magic skill at character creation.
- Folk Magic spell Light: duration is standard, not Concentration
- Magic point recovery: all characters recover 1 magic point every 12 hours (roughly at sunrise and sunset) if and only if that character has not cast any spells during the preceding 12 hours. Thus, a character who casts a single spell at noon will not recover any points at sunset that day, but will recover 1 magic point at sunrise if he casts no more spells. There is no specific requirement to rest in order to regain spell points, only the requirement to refrain from casting.
- We are using the tactical movement rules from the Appendix, with a few minor adjustments. Characters move on their turn instead of at the end of the round, but new engagements cannot attack each other until the next round begins, and movement is still considered “simultaneous” across the round if it really matters. Movement is on a grid of 1-meter squares (for indoor and man-made areas) or hexes (outdoors, natural caves, etc.).
- Circling: As a free action, an engaged character may move up to 1 meter on his or her turn. This movement does not count as walking or running, but it may not cause a character to exceed their normal walking speed maximum for the round (usually 6 meters). Also, this movement may not cause the character to break away or disengage from a foe, or otherwise increase their distance from an engaged foe (that would require the Change Range or Disengage actions).
- Overextend Special Effect: In addition to the normal effects of this SE, the defender may choose to move away from the attacker by up to 1 meter (one grid square or hex) and move the attacker the same distance in the same direction. This represents tricking your foe into following you or stumbling forward as you backpedal. The defender may not use this effect to disengage from another foe.
- Press Advantage Special Effect: In addition to the normal effects of this SE, the attacker may choose to move toward the defender up to 1 meter (one grid square or hex) and force the defender back the same distance in the same direction. This represents forcing your foe to backpedal away from your threatening attacks. The attacker may not use this effect to disengage from another foe. This effect cannot push a character into a wall. If it would push the defender into another character or dangerous terrain, the defender may attempt a standard Athletics or Acrobatics roll to avoid the danger and, at GM discretion, prevent the movement entirely.